Wednesday 21 May 2014

Stage 3 Food Review: Cow and Gate Little Steamed Meals Chicken Pasta with Tomato and Mushroom

I generally like my LO (9 months) to eat family meals but there's no denying that having a ready meal on standby is fantastic.  Sometimes there's no time to cook or what you have prepared just isn't suitable for your baby.
So, with so many options on the market it helps to have an opinion or two when making a choice.

What I've noticed thus far is that a lot of brands all taste the same despite the different labels that suggest they're different.  And some of them don't taste anything like I expect them to given the ingredients.

Normally I tend to lean towards organic products for my boys but there was an offer on these Little Steamed Meals and I gave them ago.

The chicken pasta dish was a revelation.  It actually taste like I expect chicken pasta to (although no added salt that you'd expect in an adult dish, naturally) and my baby loved it.  Lots of texture but nothing too challenging, and a good portion size.  My son ate it all up.

It smelled pleasant to which can be an issue with baby food.  Given smell is such a part of taste it amazes me that baby food producers allow their products to stink!

The dish can be warmed briefly in the microwave or eaten as is.  Great for being on the go.

I will be buying this one again: 4 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment